Last Updated: October 14, 2022
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of Personal Information that we may collect for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice are described in this section and include Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us, Personal Information that we collect automatically when you use Services, and Personal Information that we collect from other sources. Types of Personal Information we may collect and use include
- Personally identifiable contact information such as your address, email, phone number, or other information you submit when communicating with us, such as when using the “contact us” sections of our Services.
- Demographic information such as your name, gender, date of birth, and zip code.
- Purchase information, such as items you purchase, shipping address, and contact information for order details, statuses, or issues.
- Payment information, such as your payment method, payment details (debit or credit card number and information) and billing address.
- Account and profile information, which may include your photo or other information included in your account or profile.
- Information you publish or submit on publicly available websites, blogs, chat rooms, and social media networks.
2.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE TO US.
Company collects Personal Information that you provide on our Services, for example, through a booking form in order to book a Game, to purchase goods from our Services, to purchase a gift card, to receive marketing products and information, to contact Company customer service, or to respond to Company’s questionnaires or surveys. For example, you may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us in the following instances:
- 2.1.1 CONTACT US
- You may voluntarily contact us by submitting Personal Information, such as your first and last name, email and phone number, by calling us, emailing us, or reaching us via live chat features or web forms located on our Websites. Personal Information collected by the “Contact Us” feature is used to contact you to respond to your inquiries and is not used to add you to our newsletter or another unsolicited marketing message (unless you also otherwise provide us with your Personal Information for those purposes).
- 2.1.2 PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- 2.1.3 SURVEY RESPONSES
- You may voluntarily provide us your Personal Information when responding to surveys about our products and services. Survey responses are used only to improve our services and products and to help us better understand your usage, preferences and attitudes. This information is used in collective form during our sales and normal business processes.
- 2.1.4 NEWSLETTERS AND MAILINGS
- 2.1.5 ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
- Certain portions of our Services may require you to set up a user account. If you are an eligible user who has completed the registration process to access a password-protected portion of the Services, or to create a profile through our Services (“Registered User”) you may be asked to provide us with Personal Information including your first name, last name, email address, date of birth, a unique username you would like to be identified by and a password. We may process your username and password (whether alone or in combination with other data to detect fraud) to enable you to log into the Service, and we process information relating to access privileges granted to you to appropriately control your access to password-protected content. We process this Personal Information only as necessary to provide you our Services, as well as to further our legitimate interests of protecting our Services and the content on our Services.
- 2.1.6 SOCIAL MEDIA
- 2.1.7 VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE
2.2 INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY.
We may maintain certain log files relating to the access and use of our Website. The information inside the log files may include internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, network request information, standard system logs, crash information and other anonymous identifier technologies (collectively, “Log Data”). Log Data may be used to monitor and analyze use of our Services, resolve technical issues, perform technical administration, enhance functionality and user-friendliness, and better tailor our Services to your needs.2.2.2 DATA COLLECTED FROM COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES.
We may use certain third party analytics services to improve the functionality, features, or delivery of our Services. We may also use these analytics services to record clicks, movements, scrolling activity, as well as any text that you type into our Services. For example, we use Google Analytics on our Websites to track user trends and usage. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information as it relates to our Website, please visit here. By using a browser plugin provided by Google by clicking here, you can opt out of Google Analytics.2.2.4 SOCIAL MEDIA.
3. THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to provide you the products and services you requested;
- to communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries and sending information we believe may be of interest to you; we may also contact you with regard to changes to the Services and related policies in our discretion;
- to facilitate payments to us;
- to improve our Services, customize your experience, offer goods, products or services that may be relevant to you, or to offer content services to you either directly or that are made available by a third party;
- to create de-identified or aggregated data relating to the use of our services and offerings;
- to protect or defend our legal rights or our property, and to ensure the technical functionality and security of our Service;
- for purposes as otherwise required by us for our legal and ethical compliance obligations, or as otherwise disclosed at the time you provide your information.
4. WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates and stores who will accommodate your game booking or provide you the products, services, and offerings you request. These affiliates may contact you about their products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include processing payments, fulfilling orders, booking, obtaining waivers relating to our products, services, and offerings, delivering packages, analyzing websites or mobile usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, contests/surveys/sweepstakes administration, marketing services, social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews, blog), and video conferencing services. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- As required or appropriate by law. We will disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, including without limitation:
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process or government request;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- Mergers, Acquisitions or Transactions. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy brands, stores, subsidiaries or businesses. We may share or transfer your Personal Information with a third party in such transactions (including without limitation, any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets). In those transactions, your information can be one of the transferred business assets.
- As Directed by You. If you provide Personal Information for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you provide Personal Information for purposes of sharing it with one of our business partners, you authorize us to share your Personal Information with that business partner.
5. HOW WE PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
While no websites can guarantee security, we maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards.
However, there is no guarantee that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. When you submit information to us through our Services, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet is completely or 100% secure. Please note that emails, live chat messages and other communications you send through our Services are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
In the event that a breach in our security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your Personal Information, we will notify you of such a breach if we are required by applicable law to do so. However, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement, if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time, we evaluate new technologies for protecting information and, when appropriate, we will undertake reasonable efforts to upgrade our information security systems. If you notice or suspect any security violations, please contact us by sending an email to Privacy@TheEscapeGame.com.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We reserve the right to retain any Personal Information as long as the Personal Information are needed to: (i) fulfill the purposes that are described in Section 3 (The Purposes For Which We Use Personal Information), and (ii) comply with applicable law. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all Personal Information which is no longer required for the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected.
7. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
- Right to request access
- Right to request amendment
- Right to request deletion
7.2 OPTING-OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS
You may choose not to receive future promotional or advertising emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that you receive from us. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to Privacy@TheEscapeGame.com. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to the performance of our services. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as transactional, administrative, maintenance and operational emails.
7.3 DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our Services do not currently interpret, respond to or alter their practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We are committed to preventing the unintentional collection of Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and we recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to Personal Information we may have collected from children on our Services. Some of the features on our Services are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of Personal Information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of Personal Information from their children or for sending information about our products, services and offerings directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of Personal Information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity;
- Subject to verification, giving parents access or the ability to request access to Personal Information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 whom you have reason to believe has provided his or her own Personal Information to us, you have the right to request the removal of that child’s Personal Information from our database. In order to request such removal, please send an email to Privacy@TheEscapeGame.com. You will be required to verify your identity as the child’s parent or legal guardian in order to have their Personal Information removed.
9. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section applies to our collection and use of “Personal Information”, as defined under California law, if you are a resident of California.
A. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LAW
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website (“Usage Information”);
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or behavior.
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to provide their products and services and as otherwise described above.
Additionally, within the past 12 months, some of our online advertisers may have used and disclosed Usage Information collected automatically from the Service. This may be a “sale” as broadly defined under the CCPA. Therefore, we provide you the right to opt out of this “sale” of Personal Information as described, below.
B. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the California, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted above, in the past twelve (12) months we enabled advertisers to collect certain information from the Services which the advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a “sale,” you may opt-out of interest-based advertising as described in Section 2.2.5, above.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us using the contact details provided in Section 11, below. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response.
11. CONTACT US